ACL using CIDR

Sysadmin sysadmin_lists at iwapps.com
Thu Jun 15 15:58:03 UTC 2006

At 10:53 PM 6/14/2006, Michael Johnson wrote:
>On Jun 14, 2006, at 7:00 PM, Sysadmin wrote:
>
>>I have an Apache webserver ACL that I need to specify a non-
>>standard range for.  For discussion
>>130.170.230.100  - 130.170.230.199
>>There seem to be all kinds of "online subnet calculators".  but
>>none that can deal with a range.  I wouold appreciate any pointer,
>>tidbits or other that anyone can offer
>
><http://www.laffeycomputer.com/whatmask.html>

Nice tool....but like the others does not deal with a "range" of IP addresses.

As a new development, I tried putting an IP/netmask pair in my
.htaccess file on my Apache server .......and killed ALL
access.  What I put in was:
   allow from 130.170.230.100/30
   allow from 130.170.230.104/29
   allow from 130.170.230.112/28