trouble configuring networking RHEL4 dell optiplex 280

mahesh pokala mahesh.pokala at oracle.com
Fri Jun 16 16:05:02 UTC 2006

Pl find below templates..and reboot the machine after you change the settings..

Last login: Fri Jun 16 00:07:17 2006 from bigbrother.siebel.com
Cat  /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=xyx.domain.com

more /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE="eth0"
BOOTPROTO="static"
BROADCAST="64.181.144.255"
IPADDR="64.181.144.85"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
NETWORK="64.181.144.0"
ONBOOT="yes"
ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 100 duplex full autoneg off"

Change the hostname in /etc/hosts file