authentication dies

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Wed Mar 1 20:39:43 UTC 2006

There are two things that you can check.  First, check that there are
sufficient i-nodes.  Do a 'df -i' to see how many free i-nodes are left.
  This doesn't happen often but it can be hard to find.

Second, check if auditd is running.  The default configuration on auditd
  stops logins, interactive connections (like ssh, scp, etc.) if /var is
over 80% full.  If you don't need auditd running, I would shut it down.

    Alfred Hovdestad, RHCE
    University of saskatchewan