Homepage editing problem

Job Cacka job at ccbmail.ccbox.com
Mon Mar 6 18:13:23 UTC 2006

It sounds like they had a problem converting the Apache Config file from the
debian server to the redhat server when they did the upgrade. It does not
make sense to do this otherwise. OR perhaps they did not know how to change
the Router to point to the new server. Although the config file seems more
likely.

It does not seem logical to run the server on one machine and store the
files on another. Especailly when the newer blade server possible has more
computing horsepower for server side scripting. This could also be a reason
to leave the apache server on the debian box. The newer scripting language
might not be backward compatible.

To fully understnad the implications of switching the apache server to the
newer blades you will probably have to try to do it. Do plenty of research
before hand though. Try to map how the process works.

To answer your permissions problem.
  Create a group on both servers.  -- use the 'Users and Groups' option in
the GUI on Red Hat
  Assign the three users to the group. -- use the 'Users and Groups' option
in the GUI on Red Hat
  Make sure the user that runs the apache web server is not a member of this
new group.
  Change the group ownership to the web files. -- Use the chgrp command
  Only allow the files to be modified by this new group. -- Use the chmod
command

Hope this helps,
Job Cacka