Red Hat Certification

Daniel Buggie buggie at best.com
Wed Mar 8 17:37:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 12:12 -0500, Magnus Andersen wrote:
> I too will snag a RHEL copy from work.  I've asked for the Rapid Track
> course but I havn't received an approval yet.  I need to do some self-study
> before I attend that anyway.
>
> Thanks again for the information.

In case you don't get approval, I passed the RHCE tests under 3 and 4
without taking the classes. Using a good self-study book, studying off
the Prep Guide, and buying a copy of VMware Workstation worked well for
me, but it did suck away my life outside work for a few weeks. Just make
sure you have lots of RAM in your system, VMware will suck it up really
fast.

One nice part about VMware for studying is being able to take a snapshot
of a system and throughly trash it practicing for the troubleshooting
section and then being able to discard anything you've done by reverting
to the snapshot.

Daniel