glibc on RH 7.2

Nupur channu.j at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 08:16:47 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, Magee, Fred (MRC) <fred.magee at atk.com> wrote:
> Good morning, List.
>

> I need to install Matlab R14SP2 on a system running RH7.2.  There is a
> dependency from Matlab on glibc-2.2.5 and 7.2 only has 2.2.4.  Does
> anyone out there know if I can upgrade glibc and all it's associated
> packages to 2.2.5 without breaking anything else?  I know glibc is
> extremely pervasive.  Googling the problem hasn't yielded much useful
> information other than 2.2.5 RPM's for RH7.3.
>

> My system info is:
>

> uname -a
>
> Linux zelda 2.4.7-10smp #1 SMP Thu Sep 6 16:16:16 EDT 2001 i686 unknown
>
> /etc/redhat-release
>
> Red Hat Linux release 7.2 (Enigma)
>

> Thanks for any information you can provide.
>

> Fred Magee
> Linux Cluster Administrator

Hi,

I have successfully upgraded glibc on my computer. The upgrade was a
major version change, thats why it took longer. You might have to
upgrade many packages after upgrading glibc. So, be prepared for
spending time after upgrading glibc.

Check out this link. It did help me.

http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/glibc.html

Regards,