Red Hat Certification

Michael Christian mchristianjr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:24:15 UTC 2006

Started Redhat August of last year.  Aced my RHCE this past January.

I've had a fair amount of Suse experience, and Gentoo experience (4+
years).  I will say that I don't think I would have passed the tests if I
had not attended the classes.  There's only so much you're going to learn
yourself unless you put together a comprehensive syllabus in the beginning
and stick to it.  This is available from Redhat's site by the way.

On the other hand, my previous experience proved to be an invaluable
foundation on which to build my Redhat experience.  But perhaps the biggest
benefit from taking the classes, was that it really boosted my enthusiasm
for Redhat as a company and as a distribution.  Prior to, I had considered
Redhat to be vanilla linux, looking to make a buck from a mediocre
distribution.

I'm now looking to finish up a few more endorsements and snatch the RHCA.

On 3/14/06, Unbehagen, Bret Earl (SD) <beunbehagen at liberty.edu> wrote:

> I am not sure which cert you are refering to, but I have my RHCT and I
> started on Redhat in June of 2005 and was RHCT in January.

Michael S. Christian Jr.