Tape drive can't be found

Paul Crittenden paul.crittenden at simpson.edu
Fri Mar 17 15:04:08 UTC 2006

I have an HP Ulitium tape drive which until I installed updates on
Wednesday was working fine. Since then the system no longer finds it. I
know that it is using the module mptscsih. Even if I do a rmmod mptscsih
and then a modprobe mptscsih it won't find it. I have found some stuff
as I searched for a solution about certain kernels not playing nicely
with the module mptscsih. The kernel I was running was 2.6.9-22 the new
one that was installed is 2.6.9-34. Could there be an issue with the new
kernel? Can I boot from the old kernel and if so how do I do it. I am
running RHEL 4.0.

Paul Crittenden

Computer Systems Manager

Simpson College