vsftp - cannot upload files as anonymous user

Nabeel Moidu nabeelmoidu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 07:52:47 UTC 2006

On 3/19/06, Yixin Luo <luoyixin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, nabeel.
> If I set a+w for /var/ftp, the anonymous user will not be able to connect
> the ftp server. As the root cannot never be set as writable. "500 OOPS:
> vsftpd: refusing to run with writable anonymous rootConnection closed
> by remote host."
>
> Try this
restore your earlier permissions on the root folder .
make a new folder inside the root folder and give that folder full write
access.
anonymous user should then be able to upload files provided  the other
options are given correctly.it worked for me .It should work for you

--
Thanks and Regards
Nabeel Moidu

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't
believe in it at all.  Noam Chomsky