HP DL140G2, SATA woes.

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Tue Mar 21 17:53:09 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:40:32PM +1100, Karl Latiss wrote:
> No changes were required. Just powered down, removed the cdrom and
> powered back up again.

Well, actually ended up not having to go in that direction.  Modified my PXE
server to pass ide0=noprobe and ide1=noprobe to the kernel and everything
works -- well, so far anyways; only partially through the install but it's
going much faster and I'm hoping SW RAID will have no problems booting up.

I'd been ussing "noprobe" all by itself before which wasn't quite enough to
make it skip IDE detection I guess.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Ray