why is web traffic being written to the rotated log file?

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Tue Mar 28 20:21:25 UTC 2006

It sounds like you are using logrotate to rotate your apache logs.  The
problem is that apache keeps the i-node open when the logrotate tries to
roll the logfile.  You need to add a graceful restart for apache to roll
apache over to the new log file.  Let me know if you need the syntax of
the command to add to your logrotate (you can also check out
/etc/logrotate.d/httpd).

    Alfred Hovdestad, RHCE
    University of Saskatchewan