How to optimize my snort MYSQL DB

M E Fieu sibu168 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 01:59:21 UTC 2006

Hi.   We are using SNORT IDS which connect to a MYSQL DB, the SNORT IDS has been running for long
long time and it got a lot of data in MYSQL DB.  Nowadays, the snort web interface has become
extremely slow and my friend said it is bcoz there are too much data in MYSQL and MYSQL was not
optimized for long time.

May I know how do I do some maintenance or optimize the MYSQL for it to run faster?

I used "optimize table", and "repair table" command for all tables already but the web interface
is still slow.  Any suggestion?