Partition mounting under RHEL4

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Thu Mar 30 20:06:28 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 20:26, Alfred Hovdestad wrote:
> e2label PARTITION
>
> simply returns the label for the partition.
>
> e2label PARTITION NEWLABEL
>
> replaces the label on the partition.  It does not change any of the data
> on the partition.

incidentally, another really good tool that I only discovered recently is
blkid
which will list all the labels and UUIDs of all the partitions/filesystems in
your (saves running e2label repeatedly).

the other hint that I would throw at this issue is the idea that the FC HBA
driver might not be loaded at the time that rc.sysinit attempts to mount
those filesystems.

this could be fixed by including it in your initrd so that all disks are
visible before they are checked by your boot scripts

man mkinitrd

but the option you may wish to try is
mkinitrd --preload="name_of_FC_driver" -v -f /boot/initrd-$(uname -r).img

which will load the FC driver right at the start of the boot process.

regards

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCA RHCX
"Quit worrying about your health.  It'll go away."