Evolution error - Configuration database not found error

angelo l angelohl at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 22:16:23 UTC 2006

Hello all, and thanks in advance. I have RH 9, and I have one user who
goes into evolution only to get an error "Cannot initialize the Ximian
Evolution shell. Configuration database not found". Having the user
open a Terminal session, the user does a ps -A and there are 3 oafd
instances running, killing 1 (the only one by process of elimination
that she can) and then going into Evolution works fine. I Googled this
and the best thing that looked promising was a thread for the same
message but didn't help. The user is able to get mail or rather, is
able to open Evolution, but only after killing the correct oafd
instance, she's able to work but this is getting old quick - any
suggestions?
RX