Oracle on RHEL4 with ASM problem

Jack Challen jack_challen at ocsl.co.uk
Mon May 8 09:22:32 UTC 2006

Lunt, Nick wrote:
 > Hi Jack, does the info above give you what your looking for ?

Gets me closer, yes.

You have:

RX4640s, which are single-attached to a SAN with an EVA6000 by QLogic
cards. Therefore, you're not doing failover between any HBAs - correct?

I'm assuming that any single LUN presented by the EVA is seen twice by
the HBAs (at some level, but the driver-provided multipathing might hide
it) - correct?

You have (presumably) set up the LUNs as raw devices (ie not block) to
allow ASM to interact correctly with them - correct?

You've set the "Host type" of the RX boxes to be "Linux" from within
Command View - correct? (yes, basic, I know ;-) )

Can you also try presenting another LUN to these systems, leaving it
unmanaged by ASM (e.g, create a filesystem on it, mount it), to see if
it remains accessible after ASM falls over?

jack

--
Jack Challen
Technical Consultant, OCSL.