Unable too run lilo due to /boot/boot.b not found

James Jeffers jjeffers at accipiter.com
Thu May 18 14:52:03 UTC 2006

I was wondering if there is any OS limitation that would prevent a
process from using more than some arbitrary amount of system CPU
resources?

We have a multi-threaded server application that despite the amount of
traffic we throw at it or the number of request threads (one client
connection per thread) we allow, we cannot push utilization beyond say,
30% or so.

Assuming it's not an architecture or network issue, I was wondering if
anyone could think of an OS (in this case, RedHat ES 4) limitation.

Thanks!

James Jeffers
Sustained Engineering Group
Accipiter Solutions, Inc