ADS authenentication & Samba/Winbind

Buddy Jennings buddyj at msn.com
Wed Nov 1 14:50:34 UTC 2006

1.  Yes, they are time synced.

2. that appears okay

[root at newhou ~]# nslookup fdi-srvr1  (this is the PDC)
Server:         192.168.12.6
Address:        192.168.12.6#53

Name:   fdi-srvr1.fdi.com
Address: 192.168.12.6

[root at newhou ~]# nslookup 192.168.12.6
Server:         192.168.12.6
Address:        192.168.12.6#53

6.12.168.192.in-addr.arpa       name = fdi-srvr1.fdi.com.

+++++

[root at newhou ~]# nslookup 192.168.12.14
Server:         192.168.12.6
Address:        192.168.12.6#53

14.12.168.192.in-addr.arpa      name = newhou.fdi.com.

3. Kinit -yes
[root at newhou ~]# kinit buddyj at FDI.COM
Password for buddyj at FDI.COM:
[root at newhou ~]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: buddyj at FDI.COM

11/01/06 08:43:59  11/01/06 18:44:02  krbtgt/FDI.COM at FDI.COM
        renew until 11/02/06 08:43:59