boot problem

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 07:28:05 UTC 2006

Dear All,

  I have RedHAT 9 installed and was workin for the past 1 year without any problem
  3 days back i could not access this machine n i reboot it and it give me error...

  Welcome to redhat /etc/rc.d/rc.sysint : segmaentation fault

  n the machine hangs

  I can boot through the rescue CD and see all partions but what could i do to solve this problem

  the only thing i recently did was upgrade clamav but now goin into rescue mode i have uninstalled clamav.

  i also ran FSCK n fili systems report no error

  appreciate if you could help me at the earliest

  Thanks and Regards

  Simon