boot problem

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 05:35:11 UTC 2006

  Hi All,

  in my earlier mail i had mentioned that i am not able to boot redhat linux 9 cause it gives segmentation error

  here is the complete list of error messages

  Welcome to /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 70: 34 Segmentation Fault  LC_ALL=C grep -q "RED HAT" /etc/redhat_release

  Press ' I ' to enter interactive startup

  Mounting proc filesystem                           OK

  /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 90: 41 Segmentation fault LC_ALL=C grep-q /initrd/proc/mounts

  Setting Clock                                          OK

  Setting Hostname XXXX                            OK

  /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 182: 65 segmentation fault LC_ALL=C grep -iq "nousb" /proc/cmdline 2 > /dev/null

  /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 182:67 segmentation fault LC_ALL = C grep -q "usb" /proc/devices2 > /dev/null

  n then the system hangs

  i have 2 other redhat linux 8 running and workin fine.

  if i boot in in rescue mode n run the grep command it gives me segmentation fault

  if only grep is corrupted from where cd i download the grep file as i have no red hat linux 9 server only red hat linux 9 CDs

  appreciate if u cd help me

  Thanks and Regards

  Simon