RHCT Studying

Cannon, Andrew Andrew.Cannon at amecnnc.com
Thu Nov 16 08:54:50 UTC 2006

I would say to you to forget Fedora.  I found it to be almost the same as
RHEL, but too different to be useful.  Get CentOS if you can't get RHEL.
But, I think they are still letting people have 30 day evaluation copies of
RHEL.  I found this to be very useful indeed.  You need to read the course
synopsis on the RH website and take the self evaluation tests that are also
available from RH.

Above all, practice, practice and practice some more.  The more you are
familiar with RHEL, the better you will do.  If you do the training, then be
prepared for a very intensive week!

I got lucky on some of the questions I had in the test and amazed myself by
passing both sections of the test with 100%.  Read the course notes
thoroughly, practice on your own system at home and ask lots of questions!
The only silly question is the one that isn't asked.

Good luck with the course.  When it gets to the test, don't panic.  Read the
test paper thoroughly and completely before even filling in your name.
Don't assume that the people who are leaving the test after 15 minutes have
finished the test already, they have probably given up!

Hope it goes well.  When are you hoping to do the course?  I'd advise you to
wait until RH5 comes out.  That way, the qualification will last until RH7
is released.

Once again, good luck.

Andy

P.S. I was told that 80% of first time candidates fail the test and the
overall pass rate is only 50%, so it is difficult.  But if I can do it, then
so can you.  ;-)