Re: How to check the speed of network interface in RHEL AS server?

How to check the speed of network interface in RHEL AS server?
For example, I would like to estimate the amount of time it would take for
me to send and recieve a file through ftp / scp from an RHEL AS server.

If you are looking for a point to point bandwidth testing tool, I recommend iperf. <http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/> RPMforge has a package available at: <http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/iperf/>

Hope this helps.

Barry