Apache warning: DocumentRoot doesnot exist..

Nirav Modiya nirav.linux at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 10:29:50 UTC 2006

Hi friends,

I have configured apache server for our intranet and I want to make two
sites running on it...
For that i have configured VirtualHost on my apache server..
lets say the domain names are xxx.com and another lets say yyy.com
i have configured <VirtualHost> directives by following way..

**NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.x:80
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.x:80>
        ServerName xxx.com
        ServerAlias www.xxx.com
        DocumentRoot /home/xxx/public_html
</VirtualHost>
<Directory /home/xxx/public_html>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.x:80>
        ServerName yyy.com
        ServerAlias www.yyy.com
        DocumentRoot /home/yyy/public_html
</VirtualHost>
<Directory /home/yyy/public_html>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

After doing this changes when I restarted apache server i got following
warning

Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd: Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/xxx/public_html] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/yyy/public_html] does not exist         [  OK
]

I have also check the permission on the folder and public_html has 755
permission
I have cofigured DNS server also for this domain name and its working fine..

And when I check the domain by opening it in web browser by
http://xxx.com I got following error

Forbidden

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at gmslocal.com Port 80

So is there any solution for this problem.....
I really got mad...Plz help..

Thanks in advance...

 With cheer..
Nirav Modiya