grub-install command

Poluri, Ramachandra Rao rp230050 at ncr.com
Fri Sep 8 07:56:30 UTC 2006

Gurus,

I tired to install grub using grub-install command..

at my grub prompt..
grub-install /dev/hda1....where /dev/hda1 is for my /boot partition.

After then I rebooted my system...unable to boot...booting process stops
and a blank screen comes up with no error mesg flashing on screen.

Even if I go it rescue mode thru CD..firstly I unable to mount
/mnt/sysimage..It gives errror message that error occurred while
mounting it..and chroot /mnt/sysimage..nothing works...

I have some valuable data on it..Please suggest..

-Ramachandra.