cron.allow and cron.deny

Calvin Webster cwebster at ec.rr.com
Mon Sep 11 16:50:05 UTC 2006

System cron files are only accessible by root, but all users can setup
cron jobs using "crontab". The files and processes they could
potentially damage depend upon their access rights and permissions. One
simple method of denying all regular users use of cron would be to
remove the execute bit from /usr/bin/crontab (chmod o-x
/usr/bin/crontab). Otherwise you would probably need to craft SELinux
policy rules.

--Cal Webster