What will be the version of RHEL5 kernel?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Sep 14 15:43:05 UTC 2006

I've downloaded RHEL5 public beta 1, to play around a bit.  I see it
uses the latest currently stable kernel (2.6.17).  However, there will
be some major features added into libata in 2.6.18, which is currently
at release candidate stage.  For example NCQ (native command queueing)
and hotplug support.  Is the kernel version already frozen for RHEL5,
or is there still a chance beta 2 and final might use 2.6.18?

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during