Broadcom wireless set-up errors

dbrett at tcn.net dbrett at tcn.net
Fri Sep 15 16:52:38 UTC 2006

I am trying to get the wireless card working.  This is beyond me, when I
use the graphical network configuration I get the following error:

Command failed: /sbin/modprobe  tg3  irq=20  mem=c020400

Output:
FATAL: Error inserting tg3
(/lib/modules/2.6.16-1.2096_FC5/kernel/drivers/net/tg3.ko): Unknown symbol
in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

This is the message from dmesg:

u:object_r:xserver_port_t:s0 tclass=tcp_socket
tg3: Unknown parameter `mem'
tg3: Unknown parameter `mem'
tg3: Unknown parameter `mem'
tg3: Unknown parameter `irq'

What confuses me is the parameters were picked up by something.  I didn't
put them in.  The paramarters are correct, I compared them to windows on
the dual boot.

What do I need to do to get this working?