finding system files

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Sep 15 17:21:22 UTC 2006

> Quoting Bill Tangren <bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil>:
>
> Dig around for tripwire-2.3.1-21 SRPM.  This revision was never part
> of any Red Hat distro (RH9 had a bit older one).  I don't remember
> exactly from where I got mine, but as a hint it says build host was
> "extras.linux.duke.edu".  It should build clean on RHEL4.  However,
> you'll be able to build only i386 package.  Don't even try building
> x86_64 Tripwire package.  It ain't gonna fly.  The i386 package should
> install and run just fine on x86_64 (you'll need to add couple of
> 32-bit libraries for dependencies).

Speaking of building...has anyone gotten 2.4.0.1 to build?  I couldn't get
it to do so on Fedora Core 5.

> Alternatively, email me off list and I can send you binary and/or SRPM
> packages.

I'll do so, too, if that's ok...I was running it until my personal server
went belly up on me, and it turned out that my backups were no good (long
story).

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org