Getting RedHat updates

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) Marshall.McDougall at gov.mb.ca
Wed Apr 4 20:35:17 UTC 2007

A channel is essentially what you have subscribed to on RHN.  You need
to make sure that the system you are trying to up2date is registered
before you can do anything.  The best way to accomplish that, especially
since you are behind a f/w, is to run:

up2date --nox --configure

This will bring up a text based configuration that you can fill in the
blanks.  If you skip the "--nox", an X interface will launch. The blanks
will include proxy settings and authentication.  Once you are
registered, you can just:

up2date --nox -d mysql

HTH.

Regards, Marshall