/etc/fstab error

Ahmed Mohamed ajmoham at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 05:55:04 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am using fedora 6.
I have edited file /etc/fstab file by adding to the following line:

LABEL=/download    /download        ext3         defaults            1   2

I have succeeded mounting it on /dev/hda6 and accessed files on this
partition
but when I later rebooted the system it dropped to a repair mode. As a root
I have
tried to restore the file (/etc/fstab) back to its original state but the it
is always read-only
mode. I have tried to chmod it (a=rw), I have checked the file attrributes
using chattr /etc/fstab,I have saved it with :wq! . Nothing worked.

any suggests?

thank you