/etc/fstab error

Sean McGlynn sean_mcglynn at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 11:37:22 UTC 2007

This is all off of the top of my head, so I could be off somewhere, but....

You say it's dropping you into "a repair mode"--perhaps using the installation media to start in its repair mode and then mounting root that way will allow you to edit the file.  Then, don't use the label and see if it works using /dev/hda6.  I've had problems with labels before that were basically unexplainable (at face value--I didn't bother researching too much).