RHCE and other certs?

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Apr 17 15:30:09 UTC 2007

>Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:50:10 -0400
>From: "Angie Moore" <diabeticithink at yahoo.com>
>
>WOW, that was the most negative and downright untrue assessment I have ever
>had the displeasure of reading.
>
>DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT GARBAGE THAT "Dave" WROTE.

Fine. I now know not to *EVER* apply for a position with Sterling Consulting, and to advise any manager I work with against such consultants. Experience trumps any cert, and someone who thinks certs go over real coursework and experience is someone who has no idea what the positions they're hiring for actually *do*, or need to know.

Real training, and real experience, even if it's in a parallel language, is relevant (come on, quick: tell me how much difference there is between C syntax and, oh, perl, or python, or...). Further, the quality of what the person who has this training and experience is *far* higher, in general, than someone with only certs.

And yes, his name really is Dave - I have no idea why you would question that - and you want to know who he is? Oh, for starters, read the credits at the bottom of the man page for the cut command. I think there's other pages, too....

    mark "ObBias: yes, he is a friend of mine"