Enabling a second nic(eth1) disconnects eth0

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Apr 25 17:51:45 UTC 2007

Ezra Taylor wrote:
> So, I should put the second gateway in a startup script?  Note, I was using
> the route command to add the second gateway.  Thanks for the heads up.

You shouldn't need the second gateway unless you plan on doing some sort
of weird failover.  The system should route any packets destined for
that network out that interface without any problems.  I'd pull the
gateway out of the config script, fire it up and test pinging the second
network.

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Mark Haney