RHCE and other certs?

Dave Ihnat ignatz at dminet.com
Tue Apr 17 15:05:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:50:10AM -0400, Angie Moore wrote:
> WOW, that was the most negative and downright untrue assessment I have ever
> had the displeasure of reading.
>
> DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT GARBAGE THAT "Dave" WROTE.

Well, that's the joy of the business world--you're getting opinions
from two opposite camps.  Both, apparently, own their own companies,
and both are the kind of people you'll have to face when seeking a job.

I won't call "Angie" names or denigrate her opinion.  But I will say that
I've been in this field for 30 years, a consultant for most of them at
places ranging from Bell Labs, Rockwell, Honeywell, World Book Discovery,
etc. on down to startups.  Look at who wrote 'cut' and 'paste' for Linux.

So while she may not think much of my opinions, I will state that they're
at least as valid as what she's spouting.

One thing you should notice that we both agreed on is that real problem
solving is a major and key underlying thread.  The ability to reliably
and accurately assess a situation and logically analyze how to resolve
it trumps any memorized list of answers.

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat
	President, DMINET Consulting, Inc.