RHCE and other certs?

Angie Moore diabeticithink at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 15:21:10 UTC 2007

 << Look at who wrote 'cut' and 'paste' for Linux. >>

EXACTLY my point. I have a CS degree, and yet, I did not know how to check
Red Hat service dependencies, (like Solaris has). If I had bothered becoming
a Linux engineer and obtaining a CERT, I would have learned that. I only
hold a CISSP, MCSE & PM, so my expertise are in those fields.

Of course, I'm not a Red Hat engineer. I'm the owner and hire all the Red
Hat engineers (22 total on payroll).

All of my most successful engineers have certs and so far none have a CS
degree.

It's great that you have "30 years experience" and I would suggest
furthering your career by obtaining certifications.

Angie