ftp/sftp user account lockout threshold

Johan Booysen johan at matrix-data.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 08:45:45 UTC 2007

I've finally gotten round to implementing the pam_tally module.  It does
seem to do the trick, but I've noticed that using the following line
actually allows for 4 logon attempts:

account required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_tally.so deny=3 no_magic_root
reset

Is that how it's supposed to work?

Thanks!

Johan