bypass intranet sites

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 12:04:18 UTC 2007

Dear All,
  i am new to squid and do apprecite ur help
  i have the following setup

  redhat 9
  squid
  private ip for all my clients
  I have a couple of sites in my intranet and all my locals users are using squid to access internet.
  i would want squid to bypass the proxy when users accessin the local intranet sites

  right now users hav to explicitly say in the browsers .. BYPASS PROXY SERVER for local addresses after check the use proxy server and the address has to be mentioned

  most users are non techinal so they dont use this option or put wrong settin in bypass proxy option

  also when the proxy is used for proxyin local sites the load on squid increases

  apprecite if you could tell me how cd i let squid bypass proxy for all my local intranet websites

  i have abt 7 websites running

  apprecite your help

  regards

  simon