Startup Script

debu debajit_kataki at rediffmail.com
Sun Dec 2 18:26:34 UTC 2007

Hi Vivek,

You mean after you compiled and installed bind, you could not find "named" under /etc/init.d also Service names start/stop/restart doesn't work?

Well, even though i am not sure, may be i can suggest a immediate workaround. why don't you extract a startup script from the most near/recent rpm below, your current bind version, and do the modification.

Since its latest, may be some other issue/bug, which i am not sure.Also i am not sure, with what options you compiled!

Also after this workaround look at whether each and every individual files mentioned in the script is present.

Also may be you have to create the .pid file manually!!

~regards
Debu