Apache & php5, RHEL 4

Karl Latiss karl.latiss at atvert.com.au
Fri Feb 9 03:51:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 21:29 -0600, mark wrote:
> Ray Van Dolson wrote:

>  >>> Fine, except that *everything*

> You seem to have missed the second part of what I was asking: HOW DO YOU
> BUILD PHP5 IF APACHE WAS INSTALLED FROM RPMS?

I've (re) built PHP a few times using rpmbuild and have only required
the various devel RPMs I needed for PHP functionlity, eg :krb5-devel,
openssl-devel, libc-client-devel to ensure php-imap build successfully.

The core build-requires for php on RHEL4 is:

BuildRequires: bzip2-devel, curl-devel >= 7.9, db4-devel, expat-devel
BuildRequires: gmp-devel, aspell-devel >= 0.50.0
BuildRequires: httpd-devel >= 2.0.46-1, libjpeg-devel, libpng-devel,
pam-devel
BuildRequires: libstdc++-devel, gcc-c++, openssl-devel
BuildRequires: zlib-devel, pcre-devel, smtpdaemon
BuildRequires: bzip2, fileutils, file >= 4.0, perl, libtool >= 1.4.3

(Install the PHP SRPM to see the full spec file).

Or you could just try and rebuild the (say) Fedora PHP 5 RPMs adjusting
the BuildRequires to suit.

--
Karl Latiss <karl.latiss at atvert.com.au>
Atvert Systems