Apache & php5, RHEL 4

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) Marshall.McDougall at gov.mb.ca
Fri Feb 9 15:00:15 UTC 2007

Mark.

Another option is to compile apache from source with all the necessary
modules.  It will install in usr/local/apache.  You can then replace the
/usr/sbin/httpd with a symlink to usr/local/apache/bin/httpd.  I have
used this as a workaround for this type of situation in the past and it
works fine.

For anybody who is now saying "Yeah, but RedHat won't support it!"  Has
any one actually gone to RH for support?

My $0.02

Regards, Marshall