RHEL4 has no kernel-source rpm?????

Robert Canary rwcanary at ocdirect.net
Thu Jan 25 07:19:06 UTC 2007

Yeap I found them thanks.

15 machines and last one was a RHL7.5

Put on two new servers and used RHEL4. wow...what a wake call.  very
different than what it used to be :-)  I feel like I am totally back at
square one on the learning curve, so many things are so different.

stronswan will not rpmbuild on RHEL4.1, in fact RHEL is missing one
module xfrm_user. I am going to try it anyway and see if it fails to
work. It compiled fine, but it won't rpmbuild.  there is switch you can
use to tell it to use a certain kernel version, however, I changed the
makefile to search for kernel-devel instead of kernel-source.