Mail Directory Permission Problem

Buddy Jennings buddyj at msn.com
Fri Jan 5 14:55:37 UTC 2007

version:
Linux  2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 25 17:24:31 EDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux

I usuall don't like to change default permissions on my mail directories.
However, I can't send mail on this host as a regular user.  I tried adding
myself to group 51 (smmsp), but to no avail.

I don't find any notation in the man pages for mail or sendmail about a
"mail allow" list.

Without  changing permissions on the directory, how do I allow access??

drwxrwx---  2 smmsp  smmsp   4096 Jan  5 04:02 clientmqueue

[buddyj at xxx ~]$ mail buddyj
Subject: hmmm
test
stet
Cc:
[buddyj at xxx ~]$ WARNING: RunAsUser for MSP ignored, check group ids
(egid=500
, want=51)
can not write to queue directory /var/spool/clientmqueue/ (RunAsGid=500,
require
d=51): Permission denied