Cluster question...

I had posted a question regarding cluster sometime back:

Dear All,

Our company has developed a php based campaign management system. It uses
swift mail for the campaign mailing. Swift mail invokes sendmail to send
emails. I wish to integrate this mail sending on cluster. I have installed
OSCAR cluster application on my server with 7 nodes. cluster is working

how can i make this php application work on my cluster so that it shares the
load of sending out emails. help needed urgently.

John had replied :

To answer the original question, you usually write a submit script, which
could look something like:

#PBS -N job_name
#PBS -j oe

and save in a file called, say serial.sh and then
qsub serial.sh

at which point the job is submitted to the pbs_server, actually torque on
oscar 4.2.

The problem is, I am not able to run a php application on the cluster. i
created job as per you told me, but it doesnt seem to work. can you help me

i do a qsub my.sh
my.sh contains:

#PBS -l walltime=1:00:00
#PBS -l mem=400mb

1.sh contains:

php -f class.mailingCron.php

this class.mailingCron.php invokes sendmail program and would start sending
mails. this would run perfectly on cluster master if i type this command on
bash prompt: php -f class.mailingCron.php

but it doesnt work when submitted to qsub. even though it tells me job
number no response from sendmail.

sendmail , php exists on each node of cluster. If you need any further
information, kindly ask me.

With warm regards,

Anmol Bedi

Life is a journey...not a destination. Enjoy the trip!