sendmail and maildir format ???

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 06:40:19 UTC 2007

Thanks for ur quick reply and help..

but as u said do i need to create these . forward n .procmailrc files for each user.
if so then ??
how abt a global file

as far as spam is concerned i will be using Spamassassin with mailscanner .

how do i let sendmail know to use procmail as my LDA

i will be using dovecot as my Imap server

how will be the mail users created .. r they created as normal unix users which i have done for my earlier mail server

btw  i already have  mailserver for my old existing domain...

which runs sendmail + dovecot + Spamassissan + mailscanner with normal mbox format and is working perfectly OK .

but i jus want my new mailserver have mails with maildir format as i am expecting the mails for this domain users to be huge.

Thnak and appreciate

Regards

simon

Alfred Hovdestad <alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca> wrote: First you need a .forward file with something like:

"| /usr/bin/procmail"

You also need a .procmailrc with your procmail rules:

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME
LOGFILE=$HOME/tmp/procmail.log
LOGABSTRACT=yes

:0:
MyMail/SPAM

You can find other procmail filters with google.

Now if you're using Cyrus IMAP, you need to use sieve to filter your
incoming mail.

   Alfred Hovdestad, RHCE
   University of Saskatchewan