problem with restore

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 10:35:45 UTC 2007

Thnaks for the reply

I did manage to solve the problem

i can perfectly backup n read the contents of the tape on remote machine

i jus use dump and restore n it works fine

Regards

simon

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com wrote: Hi,

http://www.ahinc.com/aix/backup.htm#Backup%20files%20from%20a%20remote%2
0computer

 It specifies how to backup/restore to/from a tape which resides
in a remote machine. It talks about all available options. Have a look
into it. Hope it helps !

Regards,
Krishnaprasad