RHEL5 differences in versions?

Kevin K k_krieser at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 15 00:06:44 UTC 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 12:52 PM, David Miller wrote:

> It looks like there are only two products now. RHEL5 and RHEL5
> desktop. Does desktop replace the WS product? Does Desktop do
> everything that the WS version did before it? I'm guessing there
> will be no more ES and AS versions?
>
> David.

Looking at the information on the web site, it appears that there are
essentially 4 desktop versions.

Basic Desktop (no compilers, no virtualization, etc)
Basic + Workstation (compilers added)
Basic + VIrtualization
Basic + both.

And, except possibly for the very basic version, the requirement to
enter in a 16 character code for installation.

I wonder what the basic Workstation for previous versions maps to?  I
would hope at least Workstation, with compilers.