RHCS

Mad Unix madunix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:47:02 UTC 2007

I am trying to design a HA solution using the Redhat linux cluster suite
with 2x Nodes running Apache with php custom apps.
I have some questions:
- What is the difference between Redhat cluster suite and other open source
HA
- What is a cluster manager ?Is this the same as Cluster suite?
- Can I implement a server cluster using cluster suite without having a
shared external disk if the services do not need to share the data?
- if i want to implement RHCS on 2x nodes to use the external storage, what
are the requirmnts for the SAN switch and SAN storage in case i go for
External .Fiber chaneel storage
- what about GFS license?
- If I want to use load balancing , can I use the RH cluster suite.
- Can some one guide me the minimum hardware requirement for the cluster
suite?
- Am thinking as a second option to use Hardware Load balancer form juniper
or cisco to resolve the issue of cluster.

any input really appreciated.

--
madunix