Root shell with logging

Joshua M. Miller joshua at itsecureadmin.com
Thu May 10 13:30:11 UTC 2007

Another option is to use Enterprise Audit Shell -- this application will
allow you to log all activity performed by a user during a root session.
  I have successfully implemented this and use sudo to enable root
access, but only via /usr/local/sbin/eash (path to audit shell binary).

The EAS logs to a remote server via SSL-protected connection and allows
real-time play-back of a users session (during the session) or after the
fact playback.  There are also reporting features built in.

This product is currently freely available but I did hear a rumor that
it will not be for much longer, so get it while you can.  If you mail me
off-list I might be able to provide a 2.0 release version.

Some RPMs are available here:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=eash

Here's an overview by the author on the sudo-announce list:
http://www.gratisoft.us/pipermail/sudo-announce/2006-March/000062.html

Thanks,
--
Joshua M. Miller - RHCE,VCP