mail sending problem..

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Sat May 19 16:39:32 UTC 2007

> Dear ALL,
>
>   I have a wiered problem which im tryin to figure out but
> still unsucessful ..
>   and do excuse me if is a wrong posting
>
>   ANY mails sent from one of my domain goes to Yahoo or
> hotmail junk mail folder and not to inbox
>
>   wanna explian in detail
>

>   I have a Rehat Linux 9 server which is our master DNS
> server as well as our outgoing and incommin Mail Server .
> this server is autorative for 2 domains
>

>   1) kmun.gov.kw
>
>   2) baladia.gov.kw
>

>   primary DNS server --- 62.150.152.1 bind ver bind-9.2.1-9
>   Mail server IP ---- 62.150.152.1
>   SendMail ver ----  8.12.5-7
>   No SPF record
>   reverse IP exists
>
>   Now when I send mail to yahoo or Hotmail from any
> user at kmun.gov.kw it is delivered  perfectly to inbox and all
> mails are received perfectly OK
>
>   I have another Redhat Linux 9 server which is a slave DNS
> server and also a Mailserver for our second domain that is..
> baladia.gov.kw
>
>   slave DNS server ------ 62.150.152.2 bind ver bind-9.2.1-16
>   Mail server Ip-------------62.150.152.2
>   sendmail version------8.12.8-4
>   SPF record present ---- baladia.gov.kw. IN TXT "v=spf1
> ip4:62.150.152.2 ~all"
>   reverse IP exists
>
>   Now when i send a mail to Yahoo or Hotmail from any
> user at baladia.gov.kw it does not go to inbox but goes to junk
> mail folder
>   but mails sent to rediffmail goes perfectly to inbox
>
>   all mails are received perfectly OK.
>
>   i tried to check domain in dnsstuff ad mail spam no errors
> are found n also not in spam database
>
>   I do appreciate very much your kind help
>
>   if any further details are required i be glad to provide them
>

>   thnks a million in advance
>

>   regards
>

>   simon

First off, I'm not a sendmail expert so I'm not going to comment on your
setup.  However, I know that hotmail has filtered in the past based on IP
address.  A business associate of mine has had problems sending to hotmail
accounts for this reason.  It took a lot of calls to hotmail to remedy the
issue.  I'm not saying this is your problem (there may be an issue with your
configuration) but I am mentioning it as an avenue for you to consider.  The
fact that mails to rediffmail are going through could signal this as well.

Michael