redhat enterprise

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Thu May 31 14:41:59 UTC 2007

ann kok wrote:
> Hi all
>
> How can I download the redhat enterprise?
There's a demo download available vi redhat.com, I think.
The fully supported version is distributed via Red Hat Network, once you
have a RHEL subscription.

> what is the different between fedora / redhat
> enterprise / centos and whitebox?

fedora = fast-moving, frequently updated, free (beer & speech) linux
distribution. Released approximately twice a year. Frequent API/ABI
changes mean (among other things) that it is not supported by anyone
except community members.

RHEL = Red Hat's officially supported distribution. You get it as part
of a support contract with Red Hat.

CentOS / Whitebox are RHEL 'clones' in that they take the sources
provided by Red Hat and build their own distributions from them, once
all the RH trademarks have been removed. These projects also track the
RHEL updates and make them available shortly after Red Hat does.

I'm sure others can add to / correct these statements, if needed.

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCA RHCX LP DAT PDQ SCART STFU