RHEL4U5 and NIC flipping

clockwork at sigsys.org clockwork at sigsys.org
Thu May 3 15:01:57 UTC 2007

I know at a minimum Dell, IBM and HP have the issue. I would expect its
actually a broadcom and/or intel nic (driver ?) issue. I have used ifrename
in the past to accomplish this, but it seems with rhel5 ifrename doesnt work
on boot. Is there a way to static-map a MAC to a particular interface in
rhel ?

Regards.